8.1. Purpose: The purpose of the RT-1 District is to provide residential sites for mobile homes in rural areas which will not be served by public sewer and water services.
8.2. Permitted Uses:
1. Single family mobile homes.
2. Any agricultural crops, including the raising and feeding of farm animals for personal consumption and not for sale.
3. Essential services and utilities to serve the principal permitted uses. See section
4. Customary accessory uses provided such uses are clearly incidental to the permitted use.
8.3. Conditional Uses:
1. Mobile home (trailer coaches) parks.
2. Seasonal trailer parks and campgrounds.
4. Public and semi-public uses including but not limited to the following: public and private schools, churches, parks, prisons (public or private), recreational areas, hospitals, rest homes and homes for the aged, fire and police stations, and historic sites.
8.4. Prohibited Uses:
1. Landfills (hazardous or non-hazardous) and transfer stations.
2. Commercial scale animal confinements as defined by the Planning & Zoning Board.
3. Quarries, burrow pits, and large excavations.
4. Any use of mobile home except as a dwelling. Example: A mobile home may not be used as a storage facility.
5. Any use of (property described in 8.2.1) as a rental property with a rental period of less than 28 days
8.5. Requirements: The following requirements shall be observed:
1. Minimum Lot Area: 2.5 acres
2. Minimum Lot Frontage: The minimum lot frontage at the building line shall be one hundred (100) feet
3. Maximum Percentage of Building Coverage: 10%
4. Yard Setbacks: Rear Yard Setback – 45 feet Side Yard Setback – 20 feet
5. Setback requirements from highways and roads subject to Section IV, Section 4.9.
6. Maximum Building Height: Two and one-half (21/2) stories or thirty (30) feet in height.
7. Signs subject to Section XV.